Work in an office? Then you will know how important it is to keep the office clean. One of the main reasons is germs and bacteria. These can spread around an office very quickly so it is essential to keep everything clean and hygienic to avoid illnesses. Not only is it best for health but also for quality of work. A clean office is a productive one so keep morale high and your office organised. While many of us strive to keep our work areas clean there are some common areas that can be overlooked. We are here to help and have listed the top areas that are forgotten during cleaning which can build up bacteria and dirt.
Most Common Office Areas That Forget to be Cleaned
- Shared Facilities– Shared facilities can sound like an obvious place to clean. However, there are some everyday appliances that get forgotten. The most common being the coffee machine and the water cooler. Both of these items can get full of bacteria quickly and can hold the flu virus. As almost everyone in the office will use these it is very important to keep them clean. Unclean items can cause illness and water coolers can grow mold which is also hazardous to health.
- Appliances and Technology – It is so important to keep all appliances and technology clean in an office. Bacteria builds up on computers, copy machines, phones and keyboards. As many people will be touching these items it is important to keep them clean as illness can be passed around.
- Door Knobs and Light Switches – We use door knobs and light switches everyday but these often do not get cleaned. The flu virus and other bacteria can live on these surfaces for around a month so it is very important to keep them clean. Everyone in the office will touch these items at some point in the day, so germs will be spread around the whole office quickly.
- Air Vents and Ceiling Fans – Ceiling fans and air vents can collect dust and allergens. When these appliances are not cleaned it can spread around the room. So, by keeping the air vents and fans clean you can have a healthier office.
- Desks – Your desks can collect dust, build bacteria and hold viruses. So, it is best for your health and everyone around you if the desk is kept clean. Also ensure to clean the computers, phones and behind computers.
- Cleaning Supplies – There is no point in cleaning the office with dirty cleaning supplies. Ensure cloths, mops and vacuums are clean. If they are not, germs and dust will be spread around which can make most cleaning pointless.
How Commercial Rubbish Removal Can Help
Rubbish removal services can help you in the fight to keep your office clean. Office rubbish removal services are efficient and convenient and can help remove large furniture, appliances and rubbish. The most common rubbish that is removed is broken furniture, desks, office equipment and general waste.
Need help cleaning out your office? Contact your local rubbish removal company to see how they can help you!